Asphalt Paving in Edmonton
Are you considering a new parking lot or driveway? At JVR Construction Inc., our excellent services for asphalt in Edmonton offer an ideal solution.
The asphalt industry is one of the essential sectors in the Canadian economy, with the manufacture of asphalt materials amounting to an estimated $30 billion per year. The industry benefits more than 400,000 people, including those working as construction workers.
So, what is involved in the asphalt paving process?
Asphalt is a collection of fillers, binders and other aggregates–slags, crushed rock, sand and gravel. One of our most commonly-used adhesives is bitumen, as it holds together these materials. The final product forms by measuring, mixing and baking the ingredients together.
Asphalt is not only recyclable, but also durable and safe. You don’t have to worry about bad weather because it melts ice faster than concrete, consequently making your sidewalk safe.
Our experts on asphalt in Edmonton recommend the use of porous asphalt as one of the best practices when it comes to paving. This type of asphalt has tiny holes that allow falling water to go through into the ground.
There are several benefits of asphalt paving, including:
- A wide range of layout designs
- Recyclable and reusable
- Easy to repair after damage
- Less expensive when compared to other products
- Can last for many years
Concrete vs Asphalt
You may wonder if a difference between asphalt and concrete exists. Although the surfaces of the two kinds of pavements may appear similar, they have their differences.
The materials for making concrete include cement, water, sand and crushed rock. Cement is useful in binding and holds the aggregates together. The mixture is then left to dry to form a stiff solid. Concrete may be susceptible to cracking and breakage, especially when the underneath surface is not smooth.
Aggregates are part of making asphalt, but bitumen, a product of crude oil, binds it. As such, asphalt offers unmatched durability and rigidity. The material is flexible, unlike concrete, making it possible to use on an imperfect underneath surface.
Removing and replacing asphalt is also more comfortable than is the case with concrete. The maintenance and repair of this type of paving are faster and less expensive, making it an ideal option.
If you’re seeking experts for asphalt paving in Edmonton, we’ve got you covered. We provide a variety of services, including:
- Signing and marking pavement
- Construction of new pavement
- Patching and repairing asphalt
- Resurfacing and milling pavement
- Removals and excavations
What Are the Different Types of Asphalt Edmonton Offers?
There are various types of asphalt, such as:
- Coarse Graded Asphalt – It works as a binder to support dense mixtures of the most excellent grade used in parking lots, driveways and other road surfaces.
- Warm Mix Asphalt – This type of asphalt is made from high temperatures. It’s environmentally friendly due to fewer fuels used in the manufacturing process. It’s also less expensive.
- Porous Asphalt – Porous, minute holes in the asphalt allow water to pass into the ground. Therefore, it’s best when it comes to water drainage.
- Cold Mix Asphalt – When temperatures are cold, this kind of asphalt maintains its softness. It’s water repellant and mostly used in repairing potholes. The process of making this type of asphalt is simple and can work at nearly any temperature.
- Hot Mix Asphalt – You need high-temperature ranges to make this type of asphalt. It’s one of the most available forms and can transform into different mixes like open grade, stone matrix and dense grade.
The Asphalt Surface Paving Process
If you are seeking excellent asphalt services, you will want to know more about the paving process before you begin. It is essential to have a basic understanding of the process before you contract a company for the task.
Removal of Existing Materials
Keep in mind that successful removal requires the use of heavy machines like jackhammers, which our contractors are well-trained in operating and handling.
When your contractor compacts the asphalt, all you need to do is to wait for the hardening. After it dries, you can start using the pavement.
For high-quality services, hire our experienced and qualified contractors.
Get Quality Asphalt Edmonton Services at JVR Constructions Inc.
When it comes to road network maintenance, road construction and commercial paving asphalt is among the most commonly used materials in Canada, the US and Europe. The sub-grade may sometimes experience slight settlement, but the flexibility of asphalt means that it does not crack.
Do you have a parking lot or driveway project? If you are considering pavement for commercial areas, asphalt is the best option. Our asphalt product is 100% recyclable, making it environmentally friendly without compromising on durability and overall quality. Our asphalt paving and asphalt repair in Edmonton guarantee quality construction work as client satisfaction is paramount to us.
To learn more about how we can help with your asphalt-related needs, contact JVR Construction Inc. to receive a quote today.